VISION & MISSION
Midvaal Local Municipality is a well governed, effectively managed, financially viable and sustainable organisation that is dedicated to creating an environment conducive for growth. This is well reflected in the Municipality’s Vision And Mission Statement: Download
Midvaal Local Municipality is the fastest growing and developing municipality in the southern parts of the Gauteng Province and strives to achieve:
- Sustainable delivery of quality and affordable services, including free basic services for the poor;
- An integrated and diverse economy that provides opportunities for all;
- Integrated spatial planning that promotes economic and social inclusion;
- A well-planned and controlled environment through a range of development policies and instruments.
The Municipality implements its mandated powers, duties and functions by way of a system of Integrated Development Planning which is based on the following strategic focus areas:
- Economic growth and development;
- Quality and sustainable urban infrastructure and affordable services;
- Energy efficient and environmentally conscious operations;
- Effective, efficient and planned public transport network;
- Integrated and sustainable human settlements;
- Health, social and community development;
- Safety and security for all;
- An efficient, effective, transparent and accountable local municipality.