WASTE MANAGEMENT & ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
INTERESTED AND AFFECTED PARTIES ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED OF THE REJECTION OF THE REQUEST FOR AN AMENDMENT OF THE VALIDITY PERIOD ON THE WASTE MANAGEMENT LICENCE (WML) FOR THE OPERATION TOWARDS DECOMMISSIONING AND CLOSURE OF HENLEY ON KLIP GENERAL WASTE DISPOSAL SITE LOCATED ON PORTION 1320-1323 OF THE FARM SLANGFONTEIN 374 IR, MIDVAAL LOCAL
Please ensure that refuse is out by 7:30am on the morning it is to be collected.
- Done by the EHPs. Complaints are investigated by EHPs.
- Complaints include:
- Illegal dumping of all types of domestic waste
- Illegal dumping of all types of building rubble.
- Hazardous waste e.g. flammable liquids.
- Cleaning of townships in co-operation with the waste section
- Building plan approvals for waste management systems, to be in place.
Waste Management Contact Details
Tel: 016 360 76 39 / 5860
The Environmental Health Section has the responsibility to monitor and maintain environmentally hygienic, safe and healthy conditions in the Midvaal area to prevent the occurrence of: Any health nuisance (a condition, situation or state of affairs that endangers life or health or adversely affects the well being of a person or a community).
Water Quality Monitoring:
- Done by the EHPs on a monthly bases.
- Monitoring done on bore hole water and tap water.
- At informal and formal settlements.
- Done by the EHPs on a daily bases, at formal and informal food business.
- Done by private contractors after investigation by the EHPs
- Flies, cockroaches, ants, mites, bees, rats and mice.
Health Surveillance of Premises:
- Done by the EHPs on a daily bases.
- Ensuring safe, clean and hygiene conditions at all times
- Education and training to all staff members working in food premises.
Handling of Mortal Remains:
- In co-operation with the park section at Midvaal.
- Surveillance and prevention of communicable diseases.
- Investigation by the EHPs in cooperation with Provincial Government.
- Example of communicable diseases e.g. Malaria, bilharzias, HIV/Aids, poisoning, cholera outbreaks
- Complaints done by EHPs.
- Co-operation with Sedibeng, Fire section, National Departments and Provincial Departments.
Environmental pollution control:
- Public complaints, investigation feedback, resolving the complaints and a follow-up.
Environmental Health Contact Details:
Tel: 016 360 5870