WASTE MANAGEMENT & ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
Please ensure that refuse is out by 7:30am on the morning it is to be collected.
Refuse Removal Timetable Midvaal – Download
Refuse Removal Timetable Vall Marina – Download
- Done by the EHPs. Complaints are investigated by EHPs.
- Complaints include:
- Illegal dumping of all types of domestic waste
- Illegal dumping of all types of building rubble.
- Hazardous waste e.g. flammable liquids.
- Cleaning of townships in co-operation with the waste section
- Building plan approvals for waste management systems, to be in place.
Waste Management Contact Details
Tel: 016 360 76 39 / 5860
The Environmental Health Section has the responsibility to monitor and maintain environmentally hygienic, safe and healthy conditions in the Midvaal area to prevent the occurrence of: Any health nuisance (a condition, situation or state of affairs that endangers life or health or adversely affects the well being of a person or a community).
Water Quality Monitoring:
- Done by the EHPs on a monthly bases.
- Monitoring done on bore hole water and tap water.
- At informal and formal settlements.
- Done by the EHPs on a daily bases, at formal and informal food business.
- Done by private contractors after investigation by the EHPs
- Flies, cockroaches, ants, mites, bees, rats and mice.
Health Surveillance of Premises:
- Done by the EHPs on a daily bases.
- Ensuring safe, clean and hygiene conditions at all times
- Education and training to all staff members working in food premises.
Handling of Mortal Remains:
- In co-operation with the park section at Midvaal.
- Surveillance and prevention of communicable diseases.
- Investigation by the EHPs in cooperation with Provincial Government.
- Example of communicable diseases e.g. Malaria, bilharzias, HIV/Aids, poisoning, cholera outbreaks
- Complaints done by EHPs.
- Co-operation with Sedibeng, Fire section, National Departments and Provincial Departments.
Environmental pollution control:
- Public complaints, investigation feedback, resolving the complaints and a follow-up.
Environmental Health Contact Details:
Tel: 016 360 5870