The Midvaal Local Municipality would like to encourage SMMEs that are in the Manufacturing Sector to apply for the Small Enterprise Manufacturing Support Programme(SEMSP). The SEMSP is mainly targeted at resuscitating and growing townships, rural towns and villages’ economies, by providing financial (blended finance) and non-financial support to area based small-scale manufacturers. The programme provide support to the following manufacturing sub-sectors: furniture manufacturing; basic iron, metal and steel manufacturing; petroleum and chemical manufacturing; food and beverages manufacturing (agro-processing); clothing, leather and textiles; electrical machinery manufacturing and Green Technology/Digital Technology.
- Be a registered legal entity in South Africa in terms of the Companies Act 1973.
- Be 100% owned by South African citizens.
- Have been in operation for at least two years.
- Predominately be black, women, youth or person with disability owned and managed.
- Be registered and compliant with the South African Revenue Service.
- Must be registered on the National SMME Database – https://smmesa.gov.za.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 012 748 9600 to request application forms or for funding queries.
Download the full brochure of the programme on this link:
http://www.dsbd.gov.za/sites/default/files/publications/localisation.pdf for more information.