Please ensure that refuse is out by 7:30am on the morning it is to be collected.
Mrs. Elisa Serapelo
Tel No: 016 360 7639
SERVICES RENDERED BY ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH:
Water Quality Monitoring:
- Done by the EHPs on a monthly bases.
- Monitoring done on bore hole water and tap water.
- At informal and formal settlements.
- Done by the EHPs on a daily bases, at formal and informal food business.
- Done by the EHPs. Complaints are investigated by EHPs.
- Complaints include:
- Illegal dumping of all types of domestic waste
- Illegal dumping of all types of building rubble.
- Hazardous waste e.g. flammable liquids.
Cleaning of townships in co-operation with the waste section
Building plan approvals for waste management systems, to be in place.
- Done by private contractors after investigation by the EHPs
- Flies, cockroaches, ants, mites, bees, rats and mice.
Health surveillance of premises:
- Done by the EHPs on a daily bases.
- Ensuring safe, clean and hygiene conditions at all times
- Education and training to all staff members working in food premises.
Disposal of the dead:
- In co-operation with the park section at Midvaal.
- Surveillance and prevention of communicable diseases.
- Investigation by the EHPs in cooperation with Provincial Government.
- Example of communicable diseases e.g. Malaria, bilharzias, Hiv/Aids, poisoning, cholera outbreaks
- Complaints done by EHPs.
- Co-operation with Sedibeng, Fire section, National Departments and Provincial Departments.
Environmental pollution control:
- Public complaints, investigation feedback, resolving the complaints and a follow up.
The Environmental Health Section has the responsibility to monitor and maintain environmentally hygienic, safe and healthy conditions in the Midvaal area to prevent the occurrence of:
Any health nuisance (a condition, situation or state of affairs that endangers life or health or adversely affects the well being of a person or a community)
| CHIEF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER
Mr. Jako Verster
Tel: 016 360 5860
Cell: 082 7830057
Fax Nr: 016 590 1008