Midvaal Local Municipality hereby informs all stakeholders of the following:
Road reserves (pavements)
1. No one is allowed to dig a trench or hole deeper than 150mm on the road reserves (pavements), unless an approved wayleave has been obtained from the Engineering Department.
2. Approval will not be granted to plant trees on the pavement or within 5m of the infrastructure lines.
Trees and creeper plants
1. Planting of creeper plants at the municipal streetlight poles or overhead line poles are forbidden.
2. If there is a tree or creeper plant either in your yard or on the pavement that interferes with the electrical network, it is within the municipality’s authority, according to by-laws, to either remove or prune that tree. It is the responsibility of the home owner to keep trees and creeper plants within his/her premises pruned and cut, leaving a safety gap of at least 5m in all directions from the lines. The municipality will take necessary action, should there be non-adherence by the home owner.
3. In an emergency situation, it is within the municipality’s authority to move, cut down or remove anything that poses danger and/or threat to electrical supply and life as stated in the by-laws.
Adherence to the above guidelines will ensure reduced frequency of electricity outages and minimised electrical losses. Your cooperation is valued as we strive to provide a constant flow of electricity to our stakeholders.
Kindly contact the Call Centre on 0861 643 8225 (0861MIDVAAL), should you have any further queries in this regard.
MIDVAAL MUNICIPAL OFFICES
PRESIDENT SQUARE MITCHELL STREET
TW PEETERS MEYERTON
ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER 1960
NOTICE - TREE CUTTING, PRUNING OF TREES & CREEPERS