One of three local municipalities within the Sedibeng District Municipality, located in the Southern region of Gauteng Province.
5.3 people per km²
Number of Councillors:
Number of Wards:
People aged 20+ with some level of schooling:
Vaal River and Dam, Klip River, Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve
Major Employment Sectors:
Manufacturing – 29.5%
Extensive farming constitutes approximately 50% of the total area of jurisdiction
Main Towns and Settlements:
Meyerton, Daleside, Randvaal, Henley-on-Klip, Walkerville, De Deur
Major Transport Routes:
R59 freeway (Midvaal's major development corridor)
N1; N3; R82
Midvaal Local Municipality is a well governed, effectively managed, financially viable and sustainable organisation that is dedicated to creating an environment conducive for growth.
- This is well reflected in its VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT: Download
Midvaal Local Municipality is the fastest growing and developing municipality in the southern parts of the Gauteng Province and strives to achieve:
- Sustainable delivery of quality and affordable services, including free basic services for the poor;
- An integrated and diverse economy that provides opportunities for all;
- Integrated spatial planning that promotes economic and social inclusion;
- A well-planned and controlled environment through a range of development policies and instruments.
The Municipality implements its mandated powers, duties and functions by way of a system of Integrated Development Planning which is based on the following strategic focus areas:
- Economic growth and development;
- Quality and sustainable urban infrastructure and affordable services;
- Energy efficient and environmentally conscious operations
- Effective, efficient and planned public transport network;
- Integrated and sustainable human settlements;
- Health, social and community development;
- Safety and security for all;
- An efficient, effective, transparent and accountable local municipality
Individual Ward Maps can be downloaded here
Download PDF version of Political Office Bearers Here
COUNCIL STRUCTURE: Download PDF version of Council Structure
CLEAN AUDIT FOR SIX CONSECUTIVE YEARS:
- 2018/2019 Financial Year
- 2017/2018 Financial Year
- 2016/2017 Financial Year
- 2015/2016 Financial Year
- 2014/2015 Financial Year
- 2013/2014 Financial Year
Click Here To View Photographs: http://www.midvaal.gov.za/index.php/gallery
- Midvaal Local Municipality has been recognised as one of the entities that has been able to create jobs, attract investments, combat crime and promote social upliftment.
- This was certified by Gold Arrow Award, received at the recent PMR Africa Awards.
- Midvaal Executive Mayor Ald Bongani Baloyi was awarded as the most proactive Mayor in the Sedibeng area.
- Outstanding 1st overall for municipalities doing most:
- For social upliftment, to attract foreign investment, to attract local investment,
- Municipalities doing the most to fight crime, to develop and enhance infrastructure.
- The most proactive Mayor in the Sedibeng area.
- Municipalities doing the most:
- For job creation, social upliftment, to clean the environment and to fight crime.
- Municipalities doing the most to attract foreign and local investment, to develop and enhance infrastructure.
- The most proactive Mayor in the Sedibeng area.
- In 2016, Midvaal received two PMR.africa Awards - a Golden Arrow Award for excellence in the category “doing the most towards attracting investment and for job creation” and a Diamond Arrow Award for 1st place in the category “doing the most for social upliftment, to attract foreign investment, to fight crime, to develop and enhance infrastructure and to clean the environment".
PMR.africa 2018 awards: Most proactive Mayor in Sedibeng; Municipalities doing the most for job creation, social upliftment, to clean the environment and to fight crime and municipalities doing the most to attract foreign and local investment, to develop and enhance infrastructure.
Midvaal received the 1st place award in the category Overall Service to Residents by Municipalities for the 2015 PMR.africa awards.
Midvaal Local Municipality won the award for “The institution doing the most to clean the environment” in the 2014 Sedibeng Regional Survey Business Excellence Awards, conducted by PMR.Africa.
BEST PERFORMING MUNICIPALITY:
- Midvaal was ranked the Best Performing Municipality in terms of Sevice Delivery Satisfaction in the 2018 GCRO survey.
- Midvaal Local Municipality was ranked as the top performing municipality in Gauteng in the 2018 Annual Municipal Financial Sustainability Index compiled by Ratings Afrika.
- Midvaal received three awards from PMR.africa for the following categories in 2017: most proactive mayor; municipalities doing the most for job creation, social upliftment and to fight crime; municipalities doing the most to attract foreign investment, to attract local investment, to clean the environment and for infrastructure development.
- Midvaal Local Municipality was ranked as the top performing municipality in Gauteng in the 2015 Annual Municipal Financial Sustainability Index compiled by Ratings Afrika.
- Midvaal Local Municipality was ranked as the top performing municipality in Gauteng in the 2014 Annual Municipal Financial Sustainability Index compiled by Ratings Afrika.
GOOD GOVERNANCE AWARD:
- Midvaal Local Municipality received an award for Good Governance from SALGA in November 2017.
BLUE DROP STATUS 2014:
- Midvaal Local Municipality was awarded Blue Drop Status in 2014.